In the context of the 3rd Panhellenic Yachting Conference, students and young boat designers are invited to participate in a competition on "Green Yachting", where each participant is invited to design a speedboat with ecological specifications.
An opportunity for young creators to showcase their work to a targeted audience, but also to benefit from the wide publicity of the Conference.
The winner of the competition will be awarded at the Conference Cocktail Party, which will be held on Friday 23 February 2024, at the Colonial Restaurant of Golf Prive Glyfada.
The vessel must be 64 meters long. It should be a monohull motoryacht with an emphasis on environmentally friendly solutions.
The following points should be taken into account:
• Total length 64 meters
• Maximum width 11 meters
• The shape of the bow and stern depends on the designer
• Can accommodate up to 12 people, with a maximum of two people per cabin
• Can accommodate 18 crew members (including the captain, engineer, etc.)
• Number of decks and enclosed/open spaces at the designer's discretion, but the minimum net height of each deck must be 2.8 meters
• Intended area of operations, mainly the Mediterranean Sea, but capable of crossing the Atlantic and visiting remote locations, but not the far North and South (Antarctica etc.)
• The client wants his yacht to have a minimal environmental footprint. Use innovative solutions in your design to achieve this, but try not to present things that could only be applied in a film.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
• Participants must be exclusively between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, Yacht Design students and not graduates or professionals.
• The deadline for submitting projects has expired! The winner of the competition will be announced and awarded at the Cocktail Party of the Conference.
Thank you very much for your participation!
A return air ticket for the Cannes Yachting Festival (10 - 15 September 2024) and hotel accommodation, sponsored by NEPTUNEA.