Within the framework of the 2nd Panhellenic Yachting Congress, students and young boat designers are invited to participate in a competition on "Green Yachting", where each participant is invited to design a high-speed boat with ecological specifications. An opportunity for young creators to promote their work to a targeted audience, but also to benefit from the wide publicity of the Congress.
The jury will consist of Messrs. Nikos Dafnias – Managing Director ALPHA MARINE LTD, Mr. Stefanos Vafiadis – Designer / Owner STUDIO VAFIADIS, Mr. Alexandros Orfanos – Naval Architect & Marine Engineer, and Ms. Tina Dritsa – Yacht Owner Bluscapes.
The winner of the competition will be awarded at the Gala Dinner of the Congress, which will take place on Saturday, February 18, 2023, at 21:00, in the ATHENS hall of the WYNDHAM GRAND ATHENS Hotel.
The vessel must be 64 meters long. It should be a monohull motoryacht with an emphasis on environmentally friendly solutions.
The following points should be taken into account:
- Total length 64 meters
- Maximum beam 11 meters
- The shape of the bow and stern depends on the designer
- Can accommodate up to 12 people, with a maximum of two people per cabin
- Can accommodate 18 crew members (including the captain, engineer, etc.)
- Number of decks and enclosed/open spaces at the designer's discretion, but the minimum net height of each deck must be 2. 8 meters
- Intended area of operations, mainly the Mediterranean Sea, but capable of crossing the Atlantic and visiting remote locations, but not the far North and South (Antarctica etc.)
- The client wants his yacht to have a minimal environmental footprint. Use innovative solutions in your design to achieve this, but try not to present things that could only be applied in a film.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participants must be exclusively between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, Yacht Design students and not graduates or professionals.
The deadline for submitting projects has expired.
Thank you very much for your participation!